10/04/2010

A walk down Memory Lane

Okay I know my title is rather cliche but I cannot be bothered to think of a better one! And since I wasn't in school today plus being completely bored at home is probably the next best excuse, I rummaged my cupboard and found a couple of bite-sized collectibles which I used to fancy during my childhood days. Well, I'm not sure if any of you guys used to or still own these.. cos it'll be pretty cool to have somebody who shares the same memories in my childhood kit :)

Wooden toy vehicles from Kinder Surprises! They are known as the 'pleasant' surprises in my family cos some were absolutely horrifying when we opened those stubborn plastic eggs.

If I'm not mistaken, these were from Precious Thots. Aye ancient metal figurines, but really adorable. I remembered asking for the little ballerina for one of my birthdays.


Erasers of all sorts- various cartoon characters, random animals, fruits and flag ones (which were all given away cos they dint make the cut when I shifted home). The pebble was hand painted by me when I was in the midst of an art piece for school.

Well, I got these for free cos I didn't pay for them, none of us did. Haha. I think such mini plastic food figurines are still available in local stores, would love to own a couple of bento sets and sushi of all kinds!

Okay, this little ghost isn't part of the bite-sized collectibles but it was smiling at me from the bottom of the box and obviously I couldn't resist its charms and made a space for this photo. I can't remember where I got it, no wait it came along with something that from Japan.

Finally, individual charms and alphabets which are usually put together to form our names. Lets see.. I have Samantha necklaces, bracelets and plenty of keychains from plastic beads to metal ones. Yea I used to adore my name until it became goddamn common.

Alright, so I guess that's all I have to show! There are probably more of such in various parts of my house but if I were to continue my search, this will highly end up as a Treasure Hunt for childhood memories. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment