5/22/2012

Beauty


Hello everyone. So I came across this girl, Dakota Rose, on Youtube and found her extremely familiar. She is part of this growing number of women who are Barbie wannabes, it isn't surprising that P (as well as a million other boys) is/are pretty smitten with her beauty, right? So, this got me thinking about the definition of beauty. Till today, people still look at Barbie and find that she is the definition of physical beauty.. with massive eyes that occupy a third of her face, a small pointy nose, pouty lips with an obvious cupid's bow, etc. Admittedly, my definition of a good looking woman is parallel to that. C'mon, who actually appreciates small, oriental eyes that disappear whenever a joke is being told? Of course, this is a very general statement made by yours truly, there are people who consider oriental eyes a very unique feature, especially in the modeling industry. Anyway... huge eyes, small nose and tiny mouth. I looked into the mirror last night and saw none of the above. I then cried myself to sleep knowing that I had to live with such features that will never be considered beautiful... just kidding, I had to watch Ellen Degeneres to distract myself and then fall asleep without being reminded of how deformed I will look beside Dakota Rose. This accounts for an entry without a picture of myself.

As much as I'll like to think that beauty isn't all about symmetry or weight or makeup, the society is telling me otherwise. Unless you are good looking, you don't matter as much.. how true is that? X

Here's the video that I caught last night to cheer myself up. X

No comments:

Post a Comment