12/28/2010

15.12.2010

Breakfast and Me
I had cereals soaked in milk almost every day for the past two weeks. Sometimes, with a tiny scoop of scrambled eggs and a slice of ham. And I especially love to exhale through my mouth just to see the amount of smoke that comes out, it's a partially reliable approach to measure the cold temperature.

Sunshine and Nutella
So it wasn't too cold that morning, probably like 7 degrees. The sun was shining and for once, I didn't complain about the extra amount of UV rays. Nutella was everywhere in Europe, it's like Kaya in Singapore. No, not really. But you see it almost everywhere you go- bottles in all sizes, nutella snacks (above), ice cream, chocolates.. it's pretty fascinating (well at least, to me).

Piazza del Duomo
We visited the Cathedral of Pisa as well as the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa in the afternoon. I was expecting the latter to be much bigger, like the Eiffel Tower but that's because I didn't check wiki for its actual size. Anyway, I kindly asked dad to capture a photo me in mid-air in front of both monuments and of course, he did. Apparently, he was equally spontaneous in the five minutes workout but I poorly captured his 'moment' and shamefully blamed the camera (and the height of his leaps) for the poorly taken photograph.

The sky turned dark before five and the temperature plunged to zero. It was freezing but who cares, I still had ice cream! Kinder Bueno was my choice of flavor although I really wanted to try Nutella but I figured it would probably taste like Hazelnut. A tad too sweet for me, maybe cos it's from Kinder Bueno White. More sightseeing, of beautiful churches and christmas lightings, a little shopping before we caught sight of this cute taxi and decided to head home in it. No I was just kidding, we had dinner with the group and went back to our hotel thereafter.

So that pretty summed up a day in Italy, the rest of the photos will be up on FB (real soon). And I'll be back with another update on the following day so stay tuned, x.

No comments:

Post a Comment