10/09/2010

Friends who sneak past security

To me, from L
"Some days are disaster
that you wish could just end.
Other days are bastards,
just like a bad boyfriend.
But it makes me feel much worse than this
to see your face marked with a frown,
I'm not telling you to smile but don't be down.
Don't be down my friend,
don't do your wrists any harm,
you don't belong on a funny farm.
And I fancy you in a party dress,
not in a hospital gown.
I'm not telling you to smile but
don't be down."
-Pandora Moon; Skins

Day 6.

When you least expect anything and think that this afternoon will be like any other, you get a surprise visit from your friends.

Friends who treat your home like theirs, opening your refrigerator and grabbing chips without asking. Friends who suck at art and make the ugliest get-well-soon card. Friends who climb into your bed and fight for that space (and your blanket).

Like I was saying, when you least expect anything and think that this afternoon will be like any other, maybe you're wrong.. cos mine just became special.

I love you two, G & L.

No comments:

Post a Comment